The following job description outlines the typical role and responsibilities of manager of managers in sales at an EdTech company. Current actual job descriptions of open positions across EdTech can be viewed on our Jobs Board.
Typical Titles May Include:
- Chief Customer Offer
- SVP Sales
- VP Sales
At [company name], we foster innovative schools and learning by [company mission/product function]. We’re a diverse, creative group that values strong relationships, and we need a new [job title] to take our sales to the next level!
[Job title] reports to the CEO and serves on the [company name] senior leadership team. This role is responsible for all of [company name’s] target markets – with a direct sales focus on [company’s specific target markets] markets in [country or region].
Creative thinkers with strong people and communication skills and a passion for education will thrive in this role.
Must be well-versed in [market/specific clientele], which will help inform overall sales strategy and management style. Must also be adaptable, level-headed, and quick to pivot in order to the sales team’s ever-changing needs. The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and have the ability to set, meet, and exceed strategic and revenue goals as you will be instrumental in driving growth for our company. The [job title] will build a top-notch team that will advocate for [company name], our brand, and our products and programs.
- Serve as a thought leader and create an overarching vision and actionable plan for sales leaders to help the company grow
- Serve as the sales team’s representative on the senior leadership team
- Coach and manage sales team including at all levels to ensure continued professional development and consistent success
- Collaborate across functions and regions to guide critical initiatives to success
- Lead channel, licensing, and business development initiatives
- Personally establish strong relationships with larger potential clients
- Leads the right balance of in-person vs. remote meetings to achieve sales goals (up to [X]% travel is required)
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations, management consulting, product management, or equivalent experience in [company category/field]
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems and associated technologies to manage sales team success
- Close prior working relationships with Sales Ops teams
- Proficiency in Office 365, Google suite, web-based presentation tools, & video conference tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, Slack, and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach, time-management skills, and strong analytical skills
- Sales support, strategic consulting, and market research experience
- Strong leadership skills that include mentoring, negotiation, conflict management, influencing, facilitation, collaboration, and teamwork across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to learn and grow
- A positive attitude and aptitude for fun
- 3+ years SaaS experience
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sales training program(s) that improve the skillset of the current sales team and attract new talent
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in EdTech and/or education
Working at [Company Name]:
[Company name] is a 100% remote workforce [if not, list company location]. We value individuality, creativity, diversity, and the health of all our employees; you’re not just a number here. Strong communication and collaboration not only make us better as a business, but as individuals. We also like to have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Compensation & Benefits:
[Company name] offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous healthcare plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401K plan with a 10% company match
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- Paid degree-seeking college and/or professional development classes
- Fitness and childcare reimbursement
Plus, this is a remote position, so fully work from home or wherever you like! [If not, list whether position is full- or part-time and where company is located.]
About [Company Name]:
[Brief description of your company and its product and/or mission]