The following job description outlines the typical role and responsibilities of an individual contributor in a marketing position at an EdTech company. Current actual job descriptions of open positions across EdTech can be viewed on our Jobs Board.
Typical Titles May Include:
- Director of Demand Generation
- Director of Lead Nurturing
- Head of Marketing
- Marketing Automation Director
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Product Marketing Manager/Director
At [company name], we foster innovative schools and learning by [company mission/product function]. We’re a diverse, creative group who values strong relationships, and we need a tenacious marketer who can bridge the marketing and sales departments of a fast-growing edtech company!
[Job title] will be responsible for developing clear, high-quality, accessible content that speaks to the [company name] family, supports the buyer and prospect journey, amplifies our voice across marketing channels, and speaks to current trends.
[Job title] reports to the VP of Marketing. Creative thinkers with strong people and communication skills and a passion for education will thrive in this role.
Must be well-versed in [market/specific clientele], which will help inform overall marketing strategy. The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and have the ability to build audiences across a variety of digital and traditional marketing channels. The [job title] will be an advocate for [company name], our brand, and our products and programs.
- Manage the content calendar and creation of content for [company name]’s [company’s product or service] portfolio across all channels
- Write and maintain content for [company name]’s website, blog, marketing assets, internal and external materials, articles, social media, and advertising assets
- Engage with [company name]’s social media audience and respond to comments and messages in a helpful, positive manner
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, English or a similar field
- 5+ years experience building a multi-channel content strategy
- A digital portfolio of produced marketing work and/or writing
- Proficiency in Office 365, Google suite, web-based presentation tools, & video conference tools
- Fluency in content marketing tools and platforms, including CMS, social media management, marketing automation, and CRM
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, Slack, and email
- Ability to build and measure the revenue generated from marketing campaigns
- Proven creative problem-solving approach
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to learn and grow
- A positive attitude and aptitude for fun
- Master’s degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with data analysis and creating metrics-based strategies
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in EdTech and/or education
Working at [Company Name]:
[Company name] is a 100% remote workforce [if not, list company location]. We value individuality, creativity, diversity, and the health of all our employees; you’re not just a number here. Strong communication and collaboration not only make us better as a business, but as individuals. We also like to have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Compensation & Benefits:
[Company name] offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous healthcare plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401K plan with a 10% company match
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- Paid degree-seeking college and/or professional development classes
- Fitness and childcare reimbursement
Plus, this is a remote position, so fully work from home or wherever you like! [If not, list whether position is full- or part-time and where company is located.]
About [Company Name]:
[Brief description of your company and its product and/or mission]