The following job description outlines the typical role and responsibilities of an individual contributor in the product department at an EdTech company. Current actual job descriptions of open positions across EdTech can be viewed on our Jobs Board.
Typical Titles May Include:
- Director of Product
- Product Manager
- Product Owner
At [company name], we foster innovative schools and learning by [company mission/product function]. We’re a diverse, creative group who values strong relationships, and we need a new [job title] to work as part of a team of problem solvers and help solve complex business issues from strategy to execution
[Job title] will manage both platform enhancements and new features development. You will break down complex problems into manageable steps that create product improvements quickly. Creative thinkers with a passion for education and attention to detail will thrive in this role.
Must be well-versed in [market/specific clientele], which will help inform overall product strategy. Must also be adaptable, level-headed, and quick to pivot in order to clients’ ever-changing needs. The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and collaboration skills.
- Collaborate cross-functionally, working with a variety of teams to identify and prioritize ways in which the product can support our internal processes, customers, and end-users in more efficient and effective ways
- Work hands-on with design and engineering to bring product ideas to life, from concept to launch
- Ruthlessly prioritize features based on impact and ROI
- Become an expert on [company name]’s clients and end-users, using quantitative and qualitative research to synthesize product requirements that enhance user satisfaction and champion our users’ needs
- Define, track, and analyze metrics that inform the success of our product, including KPIs and A/B tests
- Maintain product and market knowledge to determine [company name]’s strategic and competitive position
- Identify opportunities to incorporate new product features on an ongoing basis.
- Minimum 3 years of product management or equivalent work experience, including working with a software engineering team to build products from concept to launch
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong experience using analytics, user research, and structured thinking to drive decisions and improve products
- Ability to balance many projects simultaneously and prioritize time and energy
- Experience working hand-in-hand with design teams to deliver positive and engaging user experiences
- Proficiency in Office 365, Google suite, web-based presentation tools, & video conference tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills via phone, Slack, and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Willingness to learn and grow
- A positive attitude and aptitude for fun
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience or demonstrated interest in EdTech and/or education
Working at [Company Name]:
[Company name] is a 100% remote workforce [if not, list company location]. We value individuality, creativity, diversity, and the health of all our employees; you’re not just a number here. Strong communication and collaboration not only make us better as a business, but as individuals. We also like to have fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Compensation & Benefits:
[Company name] offers competitive compensation packages commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Generous healthcare plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401K plan with a 10% company match
- Flexible PTO plus a floating holiday
- Paid VTO (“volunteer time off” to do community service/charity work)
- Paid degree-seeking college and/or professional development classes
- Fitness and childcare reimbursement
Plus, this is a remote position, so fully work from home or wherever you like! [If not, list whether position is full- or part-time and where company is located.]
About [Company Name]:
[Brief description of your company and its product and/or mission]